Shinto Iaito (神道 居合刀)
The Shinto Iaito has an un-edged training blade forged from stainless steel.
The tempered blades are not only maintenance-free but more importantly provide
the correct weight and balance needed for the rigors of repetitive drawing and
sword motion practice. Each blade has a deeply cut groove (bo-hi) to provide
audible feedback when swung properly. The Shinto is mounted in black and the
tsuka-ito is made of premium black Japanese cotton. The saya is finished in a
deep black lacquer with a black cotton sageo. A finely rendered dragon, detailed
in gold, with true front-and-back detail, forms the black iron tsuba. The
fittings are superbly antiqued adding to the aesthetics of the set.
- Hanwei Forge Paul Chen Iaito
- Black iron dragon Fuchi/Kashira
- Black iron dragon tsuba detailed in gold
- Black cotton tsuka ito
- Genuine same (rayskin) inlay
- Black gloss saya
- Forged stainless steel blade
- Case tempered
- Available in only 29" blade length
- Blade length: 29
- Handle length: 10 1/2"
- Overall length: 40 1/2"
- Weight: 2lb
- Point of Balance: 5"
- Width at Guard: 1.20"
- Width at Tip: .85"
- Thickness at Guard: .26"
- Thickness at Tip: .18"
- Sori: 3/4"
- Free Shipping (continental US only)
- Half price maintenance for life
- 90 day money back guarantee (see details)
- Check price and