Tinker Pearce has developed these matching longswords to satisfy the need of
every Western Martial Arts practitioner and sword enthusiast, to have a matching
set of sharp and blunt swords for cutting and safe training practice. The swords
meet Tinker's exacting quality requirements and are built in much the same way
as his custom pieces. Each blade is forged from 5160 Spring Steel, Marquenched
to the desired hardness of 50-53 Hrc while the tang is drawn back to the low 30s
Hrc. The very end of the tang is threaded to fit an allen nut recessed into the
pommel which allows for dismantling of the hilt assembly for inspection or to
exchange blades if needed.
CAS has commissioned Michael `Tinker` Pearce to
design a line of swords that will satisfy both the
sparring and cutting needs of Western Martial Arts
practitioners. Matching sharp and blunt versions of each
sword in the series offer the same outstanding handling
characteristics in both disciplines. The swords meet
Tinker`s exacting quality requirements and are built in
much the same way as his custom pieces.
- Designed by Michael `Tinker` Pearce
- Made by the Hanwei Forge
- 5160 Marquenched Spring Steel
- Tinker Approved
- Overall length: Sharp 46 3/4" / Blunt 47 1/4"
- Blade length: Sharp 34 3/4" / Blunt 35 1/4"
- Handle length: 12"
- Weight: 2lb 14oz
- Point of Balance: 3 1/2"
- Point of Percussion: 21 3/4"
- Width at Guard: Sharp 2 1/8" / Blunt 2 1/4"
- Width at Tip: Sharp 3/4" / Blunt 11/16"
- Thickness at Guard: 25"
- Thickness at Tip: Sharp .09" / Blunt .07"
- Specs will vary slightly from piece to piece.
- Free Shipping (continental US only)
- 90 day money back guarantee (see details)
- Check price